A doctor is the most important person who cure our pain and injuries. However, in some cases, a doctor may be lazy or irresponsible in his/her duty/job. In this case, you have to suffer from a lot of pain and problems. If you are thinking to file a complaint against a doctor in California, then please follow the steps given below.
How to File a Complaint Against a Doctor in California
1. Open the official website of the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) to file a complaint, the URL is here.
2. Now, click on “File A Complaint” link, which is available on the left side of the website of DCA.
3. In this step, you have to select board and license type from the available options. Now, enter “Incident Date or Contact Date”. It is the date when you have faced the problem from a doctor. The last field is ‘description’. You have to write down in-depth information. Please provide as much information as possible.
4. In this fourth step, you have to enter the following information.
- Business Name/Facility Name
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Phone Number
- If you responded ‘Yes’ to the previous question, please provide a description of the location of the incident.
Now press “Next”
5. In this fifth step, you have to provide additional complaint information such as person helping you, case number, Have you filed a complaint with any other government agency regarding this incident?, and many others. Please provide witness information in this step to help the agency to investigate the case more.
6. In this step, you can attach the required documents scan to help the investigators.
7. Now, you have to confirm the information and submit it to the authority to take actions against a doctor in California.
You can file online complaint against a doctor in California Medical Board for the following professions
- Licensed Physicians & Surgeons
- Licensed Midwives
- Registered Dispensing Opticians (business registration)
- Registered Contact Lens Dispensers
- Registered Spectacle Lens Dispensers
- Registered Nonresident Contact Lens Sellers
- Research Psychoanalysts and Student Research Psychoanalysts
- Registered Polysomnographic Trainees, Technicians, and Technologists
- Outpatient Surgery Settings (within the Board’s jurisdiction)
We hope that the information on how to file a complaint against a doctor in California will be useful to all the people of the state of California. Please do share this article with your friends to make it more useful among the people of California.
Article first published on April 30, 2015.